Site Access Traffic Marshal Training
Site Access Traffic Marshals (SATM) are an important part of safe and effective construction site operations. CLOCS offers SATM training to help ensure the safest construction vehicle journeys in and out of sites – a critical part of the CLOCS Standard.
Site Access Traffic Marshals
Site Access Traffic Marshals (SATMs) stationed at the site entrance are the primary and critical interface between the site, fleet operations and the public. They ensure only authorised vehicles and people enter the site, while also ensuring vehicles entering and leaving the site do so safely and efficiently.
SATMs are critical to the implementation of the CLOCS Standard. Competent SATMs are recognised by progressive contractors as essential members of the team as they improve site efficiency and productivity. CLOCS SATMs are equipped with specific skills, attitudes, and have the confidence to effectively implement CLOCS at the gate.
Most sites also have Banksmen who guide vehicles within the site hoardings – these are distinct roles and cannot be done concurrently by the same person though often personnel are rotated between roles
You may be a principal contractor wanting to become approved to train individuals within your own organisation and on your own projects, joining the likes of Alandale, Willmott Dixon, Sir Robert McAlpine and Knightbuild in implementing CLOCS Approved SATM Training. Alternatively you could be a training provider wanting to add CLOCS SATM to your training portfolio. Either way, the CLOCS SATM trainer pack will ensure consistency in the training delivery across the sector and provides a robust competency assessment to ensure everyone has sufficient skills and knowledge to undertake this important role.
A licence to deliver CLOCS SATM training is only available to CLOCS Champions demonstrating a commitment to working collaboratively with all stakeholders to address the issue of improving road safety standards.
- Access to the CLOCS SATM training requires an initial fee of £995+VAT which provides an annual licence to use the various training materials and deliver the training. It also provides one free place on a Train the Trainer course (please note attendance on this course is mandatory before the training can be delivered).
- The initial licences expires after 12 months and an annual renewal fee of £600+VAT is applicable.
- All fees must be received in full at least 14 days in advance of the training date.
- The licence is non-transferable and cannot be sub-contracted, sub-let or sold by any approved trainer or organisation.
Maintaining quality standards
- Training delivery partners are expected to have a formal Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure that suitably high standards of training are delivered in a consistent manner in line with the content and standards delivered in the CLOCS Train the Trainer workshop.
- Approved CLOCS training partners should have a formal delegate feedback process in place and be prepared to share feedback with CLOCS.
- CLOCS must be informed of all delegates who pass the competency assessment, and their details will be recorded on the SATM register on the CLOCS website.
- The SATM competency confirmation is valid for 3 years after which delegates will need to be retrained or their licences will expire and they will be removed from the online register.
Securing additional trainers
Should any licenced training provider wish to train others within their company to deliver this training, those individuals must either attend a CLOCS Train the Trainer event themselves or be trained by someone who has previously attended the Train the Trainer event.
For further details of the terms and conditions of accessing and using the CLOCS SATM training, please read our terms and conditions on the CLOCS website.
To purchase a licence to deliver the CLOCS SATM Training, please complete this booking form:
Accredited training providers
The following organisations are licenced to deliver CLOCS accredited SATM training and are happy to be contacted directly with any queries about training availability.
|Alandale ||Contact Ruth Trantemail@example.com|
|AtoH||Contact Glen Daviesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Develop your own in-house course
Organisations may wish to develop their own SATM training or may already have existing training and be looking for CLOCS accreditation. Any CLOCS accredited SATM training must deliver in line with the CLOCS Competency Framework and be assessed by the CLOCS SATM review panel. Applicants are required to provide detailed evidence of proposed training delivery, quality management systems and past performance as the basis of assessment.
Any organisation with the right experience, skills and systems can apply for their training to be CLOCS accredited which carries an annual fee of £600+VAT. Please contact support@CLOCS.org.uk for more details.
Download the SATM approval requirement and process.