How to be a good CLOCS communicator
31 Oct 2018
As CLOCS Champions, we have a joint undertaking to develop messages to promote the aims and objectives of CLOCS across the industry at meetings, conferences, press and other internal and external media. Champions can have a huge impact on the progress of the programme when they use their own spheres of influence to spread the word.
Here’s a list of the positive steps Kate Cairns the Founder, See Me Save Me has taken to communicate what CLOCS is achieving and encourage others to take action:
- Presented to the Infrastructure Clients Group (ICG) safety panel to nudge major clients to adopt CLOCS
- Instigated and quoted extensively in an article for NCE magazine under Business Culture which goes out to 90,000 ICE members.
- Member of the expert group producing the latest version of the CLOCS Standard
- Member of the expert group carrying out a FORS review.
- Championed CLOCS at Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) Cycle Working Group (CWG)
- Highlighted CLOCS in a podcast by the Active Training Team which carry out the Tideway Construction Logistics EPIC training
- The recording for the podcast was so powerful that the producer decided to produce a full-length version of the interview with Kate
- Referenced CLOCS in The Culture Lab podcast
- Referenced CLOCS in her speech at the ICE Global Engineering Congress
CLOCS Champions can have a profound impact on positively changing behaviour, we'd like to hear about what you’re doing too – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest NewsEvent: TfGM co-invest in CLOCS - Fri 18 Oct 2019 in Manchester
30 Sep 2019Construction Logistics Plan (CLP) Training now available from CLOCS
30 Sep 2019SPOT THE CLOCS competition
30 Sep 2019