Rethinking construction logistics can save you money
6 Apr 2021
TfL recently published a Freight Benefits Report reviewing and quantifying the operational, environmental and safety benefits of a range of innovative construction-related measures, including where appropriate details of real cost savings.
Several measures have been utilised such as the use of shared HGV holding facilities, local on-site crushing, recycling of demolition materials, sharing of materials between sites, the effective use of site marshals and the use of cargo bikes.
Over the past few years, the report’s author, Michael Barratt MBE has worked with several property developers across London to develop, pilot and implement a range of best-practice construction-related measures that can contribute to:
- a reduction in the volume of freight HGV construction traffic on the road network
- reduced freight km travelled
- reduced emissions and improved air quality
- improved safety around construction sites
- a reduction in operator costs and benefits to the client/developer
Latest NewsSafer, greener and more efficient construction journeys - driven by the new CLOCS Vox App
16 Apr 2021SCAPE joins CLOCS as part of ongoing commitment to health and safety
6 Apr 2021CLOCS Clear Dash, Safe Cab Checklist
6 Apr 2021