CLOCS held its annual conference and exhibition on Tuesday 14th of March at ExCel. This event provided a great opportunity for the new national team to share its vision for CLOCS as a National Standard and for some of its Champions to demonstrate their progress.
The exhibition included 26 of the safest and cleanest vehicles available with increased direct driver vision and fitted with the latest technology from principal vehicle manufacturers and CLOCS Champion operators (see below).
The conference in particular provided a clear understanding of the actions needed by all parties to eradicate the current and future risk to vulnerable road users caused by vehicles servicing construction projects and other sites.
London has been at the vanguard of this work, and now other UK cities, construction clients, contractors, fleet operators and others are doubling their collective effort. Over 400 companies and organisations are already registered as a CLOCS Champion – a public commitment to make a positive difference. Leaders in each of those groups helped delegates to understand first-hand the commercial and ethical drivers for being a CLOCS Champion.
Conference Speakers Presentations:
- Derek Rees – Chief Executive, SECBE. ‘Driving demand and implementation of the national CLOCS standard across the UK.’
- Maxim Lyne – Cycle Safety and Contracts Officer, London Borough of Camden. ‘CLOCS Monitoring and Enforcement Trial.‘
- Greg Gavin and Kate Cairns – Head of Neighbourhood services, Northumberland County Council, County Councillor respectively. ‘CLOCS Beyond London.‘
- Clive Johnson – Group Head of Health and Safety, Land Securities. ‘Providing a Healthier, Safer and Secure Experience.‘
- Tim Oakley – Head of Consultancy, LHC procurement framework. ‘Improving Community Safety through procurement practice and process.‘
- Mike Petter – Director, CCS. ‘CLOCS and CCS.‘
- Tony Blackledge – Construction Director, Mace Group. ‘CLOCS The Plan.’
- Hannah White – Programme Manager, Transport for London. ‘Direct Vision Standard.‘
- Jo Edwards – Associate, AECOM. ‘Minimum Site Standards for HGVs.‘
- Glen Davies – CILT. ‘CLOCS Champion:CPD workshops.‘
- Stewart Dring – LCC. ‘Lorry Safety Campaign.‘
- Nigel Jackson – MPA. ‘CLOCS MPA Approach.‘
- Amy Aeron-Thomas – RoadPeace. ‘Learning from Loss.‘